49 Glazed Ceramic Tiles 4×4
|Item Code||Size||Stock Status||Retail Price|
|WGD10562||4x4x3/8||6-10 weeks lead time||$15.00 / pcs|
Retail price is suggested by our authorized dealers. Please contact them for further information on trade and quantity discounts.
Weight 11.00 lbs / pcs Types Tiles Usage Comm. Interior Walls, Res. Interior Walls, Shower Walls Thickness 3/8 Style Classic Size 4×4 Finish Glazed Edge Rustic Category Ceramic Collection Maroc Glazed Tile Color Custom Area Bathroom, Kitchen, Living Room Frost Resistance
The Maroc Glazed Tile in the Majolica style from Country Floors features the historical majolica type of tin-glazed earthenware decorated in colorful opaque glazes. These multi-colored designs celebrate the traditions of Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Tunisia and Turkey. This collection is hand made in southern California by a unique community of talented craftsman. Each tile is hand glazed; hand painted; and kiln fired. This collection offers an extensive selection of designs. The brightly colored pattern work illustrates the interlocking curvilinear and geometric designs prevalent in Spanish, Moorish and Arab cultures. Choose from 8 different color ways. These tiles can be used in interior vertical applications; kitchens, backsplashes, bathrooms, feature walls, wainscot applications, fireplace surrounds, and stair risers. Specify a vitreous clay body for exterior vertical applications in temperate climates; patio surrounds, doorframe accents, fountains, and pool surrounds.
Ceramic tile is a fired clay product. They may be glazed or unglazed, depending on the desired design concept and particular usage. Glazed ceramic tiles and many unglazed ceramic tiles are generally moisture resistant and therefore are suited for floor and wall spaces such as general living areas, bathrooms, kitchens, and so forth. Ceramic tile is relatively easy to keep clean, as they can tolerate many different common household cleaning products. Typically, ceramic tile does not absorb fumes, odors, or smoke. Because color may be fired into a tile’s clay body (in the case of unglazed tiles) or onto a tile’s glazed surface (for glazed tiles), ceramic tile will not usually lose color or fade when exposed to UV rays in sunlit conditions. Although many tiles have little to no variation, color can vary from tile to tile to differing degrees. This is an inherent and desired characteristic of all fired clay products. Therefore, all tile should be unpacked and inspected prior to installation, as Marble Systems cannot accept claims for variation in any tile after installation.
- Unglazed ceramic tile is typically more porous and will potentially absorb liquids and stains. It needs to be sealed to protect the surface from liquids. Staining can be prevented to some extent by sealing with a quality chemical ceramic tile sealer and will need to be sealed periodically in order to continue to be free from stains.
- The grout placed in between ceramic tiles is susceptible to moisture, so it will need to be sealed to make it impervious to water. Otherwise, water can seep through the grout, which weakens the installation and encourages mold growth.
- Unglazed ceramic tiles have greater slip resistance than glazed tiles. Because they can be slippery, glossy tiles are not generally recommended for high traffic areas or for residential sites with children and elderly people.
- Ceramic tile is durable but may be subject to chipping in environments with aggressive use.
- Check the technical specifications assigned a particular tile product.