Giverny Deco 7 Glazed Ceramic Tiles
|Item Code||Size||Stock Status|
|WGD10107||4x4x3/8||10-12 weeks lead time|
- Comm. Interior Floor
- Comm. Interior Walls
- Res. Interior Floors
- Res. Interior Walls
- Shower Walls
|Weight||12.00 lbs / pcs||Types||Tiles||Style||Classic|
|Finish||Glazed||Category||Ceramic||Collection||Chez Monet Blue Tile|
|Color||Blue, White||Area||Bathroom, Kitchen, Living Room||Frost Resistance|
Based on the blue, white and sepia tiles of Claude Monet’s Giverny kitchen, Chez Monet Blue Tile beautifully capture the essential fabric of Monet’s everyday French blue life. Monet was one of the founders of French Impressionist painting. In fact, the word “Impressionism” is derived from the title of his painting Impression, soleil levant. Assembled as a random collage or repeating pattern, the varied pieces of Chez Monet create a tumble of tones that’s inviting to the eye and pleasing to the spirit. Invite pleasurable inspiration into your own life with Country Floors’ Chez Monet Blue Tiles. Suitable for backsplashes, fireplace surrounds, and bathrooms.
Ceramic tile is a fired clay product. They may be glazed or unglazed, depending on the desired design concept and particular usage. Glazed ceramic tiles and many unglazed ceramic tiles are generally moisture resistant and therefore are suited for floor and wall spaces such as general living areas, bathrooms, kitchens, and so forth. Ceramic tile is relatively easy to keep clean, as they can tolerate many different common household cleaning products. Typically, ceramic tile does not absorb fumes, odors, or smoke. Because color may be fired into a tile’s clay body (in the case of unglazed tiles) or onto a tile’s glazed surface (for glazed tiles), ceramic tile will not usually lose color or fade when exposed to UV rays in sunlit conditions. Although many tiles have little to no variation, color can vary from tile to tile to differing degrees. This is an inherent and desired characteristic of all fired clay products. Therefore, all tile should be unpacked and inspected prior to installation, as Country Floors cannot accept claims for variation in any tile after installation.
- Unglazed ceramic tile is typically more porous and will potentially absorb liquids and stains. It needs to be sealed to protect the surface from liquids. Staining can be prevented to some extent by sealing with a quality chemical ceramic tile sealer and will need to be sealed periodically in order to continue to be free from stains.
- The grout placed in between ceramic tiles is susceptible to moisture, so it will need to be sealed to make it impervious to water. Otherwise, water can seep through the grout, which weakens the installation and encourages mold growth.
- Unglazed ceramic tiles have greater slip resistance than glazed tiles. Because they can be slippery, glossy tiles are not generally recommended for high traffic areas or for residential sites with children and elderly people.
- Ceramic tile is durable but may be subject to chipping in environments with aggressive use.
- Check the technical specifications assigned a particular tile product.