Mayreau Glazed Penny Round Ceramic Mosaics 12×12
|Item Code||Size||Stock Status|
|WGY10011||12x12x3/8||8-10 weeks lead time|
- This item covers 1.00 sf area.
Weight 4.99 lbs / pcs Types Mosaics Usage Comm. Interior Walls, Res. Interior Walls, Shower Walls Thickness 3/8 Style Classic Size 12×12 Finish Glazed Edge Rustic Design Penny Round Category Ceramic Collection Turquoise Ceramic Tile Color Brown Area Bathroom, Kitchen Frost Resistance
Unique, bold and beautiful, our Turquoise Ceramic Tile Collection is deeply rich with saturated color! Each tile is hand produced from start to finish. Made up of a mixture of durable stoneware clay and raw materials, such as seaweed and driftwood. Here, can be found, are many of the basic elements of proper design. Pieces such as pattern, color, texture and shape are tools for the design professional and the discerning homeowner. The Turquoise Ceramic Tile Collection is finished with an array of glazes resembling the rich colors of the ocean. This collection truly is a statement piece for any wall or floor covering in a residential or commercial setting.
Ceramic tile is a fired clay product. They may be glazed or unglazed, depending on the desired design concept and particular usage. Glazed ceramic tiles and many unglazed ceramic tiles are generally moisture resistant and therefore are suited for floor and wall spaces such as general living areas, bathrooms, kitchens, and so forth. Ceramic tile is relatively easy to keep clean, as they can tolerate many different common household cleaning products. Typically, ceramic tile does not absorb fumes, odors, or smoke. Because color may be fired into a tile’s clay body (in the case of unglazed tiles) or onto a tile’s glazed surface (for glazed tiles), ceramic tile will not usually lose color or fade when exposed to UV rays in sunlit conditions. Although many tiles have little to no variation, color can vary from tile to tile to differing degrees. This is an inherent and desired characteristic of all fired clay products. Therefore, all tile should be unpacked and inspected prior to installation, as Marble Systems cannot accept claims for variation in any tile after installation.
- Unglazed ceramic tile is typically more porous and will potentially absorb liquids and stains. It needs to be sealed to protect the surface from liquids. Staining can be prevented to some extent by sealing with a quality chemical ceramic tile sealer and will need to be sealed periodically in order to continue to be free from stains.
- The grout placed in between ceramic tiles is susceptible to moisture, so it will need to be sealed to make it impervious to water. Otherwise, water can seep through the grout, which weakens the installation and encourages mold growth.
- Unglazed ceramic tiles have greater slip resistance than glazed tiles. Because they can be slippery, glossy tiles are not generally recommended for high traffic areas or for residential sites with children and elderly people.
- Ceramic tile is durable but may be subject to chipping in environments with aggressive use.
- Check the technical specifications assigned a particular tile product.