Temporarily out of stock.
3.52 lbs / sqft
How can we help you? Please write to us.
|East Coast||(212) 627 8300|
|West Coast||(310) 657 0510|
How can we help you? Please write to us.
- This item covers 0.19 sf area.
Complete your design with these products.
DETAILS* Usage recommendation must be confirmed by your installer and depends on application, installation methods and general suitability. Country Floors assumes no liability from any installation and usage recommendations.
Weight 3.52 lbs / sqft Types Tiles Style Classic Finish Glossy Collection Salaterra Ceramic Color Multicolor Area Bathroom, Kitchen, Living Room
PRODUCT INFORMATIONSalaterra is a new capsule collection by Erin Adams exclusively for Country Floors.It springs from the designer’s desire to create, “Something that feels of the earth.” On the wall, Salaterra creates a soothing, abstract, marbleized effect quite similar to that of natural stone.But a closer look reveals that the bold, glossy, ceramic hexagons and elongated rectangles bear the swirling shading and tinting that are hallmarks of topography, where natural features such as landforms, water courses and vegetation are charted from above. Haku was inspired by a Japanese mountain scape, Sedona by the high desert in Arizona and Saturn by the planet’s icy rings.Suitable for all interior vertical applications.
- All hard surface materials , except porcelain tiles , should be sealed with a colorless water based penetrating stone sealer ( Dupont Stonetech or equal) per manufactures specifaction..
- All natural stone has color variation. We recommend dry laying all the material for blending prior to installation ok.
- We recommend an application of a grout release or a pre application of water based penetrating sealer on porous materials before grouting – all applications must follow sealer manufactures recommendations
- All white marbles and limestones must be installed with premium white thin set or mortar, and non water based adhesive
- We recommend water proofing all “wet” areas prior to installation.
- We recommend crack isolation membranes below all new stone and tile floors.
- You should store all materials indoors and in a dry area.
- We recommend that you order 10 to 20% extra for waste, cuts and color selection.
- Please review current applicable project guidelines, Specifications and best practices published by the TCNA (Tile Council or North America) www.tcnatile.com & MIA ( Marble Institute of America) www.naturalstoneinstitute.org prior to commencement of any tile or stone project.
Ceramic tile is a fired clay product. They may be glazed or unglazed, depending on the desired design concept and particular usage. Glazed ceramic tiles and many unglazed ceramic tiles are generally moisture resistant and therefore are suited for floor and wall spaces such as general living areas, bathrooms, kitchens, and so forth. Ceramic tile is relatively easy to keep clean, as they can tolerate many different common household cleaning products. Typically, ceramic tile does not absorb fumes, odors, or smoke. Because color may be fired into a tile’s clay body (in the case of unglazed tiles) or onto a tile’s glazed surface (for glazed tiles), ceramic tile will not usually lose color or fade when exposed to UV rays in sunlit conditions. Although many tiles have little to no variation, color can vary from tile to tile to differing degrees. This is an inherent and desired characteristic of all fired clay products. Therefore, all tile should be unpacked and inspected prior to installation, as Country Floors cannot accept claims for variation in any tile after installation.
- Unglazed ceramic tile is typically more porous and will potentially absorb liquids and stains. It needs to be sealed to protect the surface from liquids. Staining can be prevented to some extent by sealing with a quality chemical ceramic tile sealer and will need to be sealed periodically in order to continue to be free from stains.
- The grout placed in between ceramic tiles is susceptible to moisture, so it will need to be sealed to make it impervious to water. Otherwise, water can seep through the grout, which weakens the installation and encourages mold growth.
- Unglazed ceramic tiles have greater slip resistance than glazed tiles. Because they can be slippery, glossy tiles are not generally recommended for high traffic areas or for residential sites with children and elderly people.
- Ceramic tile is durable but may be subject to chipping in environments with aggressive use.
- Check the technical specifications assigned a particular tile product.