Sirena Sky Plain Ceramic Tiles 2 1/4×7 3/8
|Item Code||Size||Stock Status|
|TL61080||2 1/4x7 3/8x5/8||2-4 weeks lead time|
- This item covers 0.12 sf area.
Weight 6.60 lbs / sqft Types Tiles Usage Comm. Interior Walls, Res. Interior Walls, Shower Walls Thickness 5/8 Style Classic Size 2 1/4×7 3/8 Finish Plain Edge Straight Cut Category Ceramic Collection Chelsea Glazed Brick Color Blue Area Bathroom, Kitchen, Living Room Frost Resistance
Today, Chelsea is characterized as one of the most eclectic and stylish neighborhoods in New York City. Past and present, its renaissance has been distinguished by incredible Architecture, famous resident Artists, along with notable Restaurants and Gallery’s that are unabashedly individualistic. Our Chelsea Glazed Brick Collection is a denizen of this space also. Brick as building material has been used, through out history, to create walls, paving and other aspects of masonry. Typically, the word brick referred to a unit composed of clay. However, today it may be used anecdotally to indicate rectangular items set in mortar. As such, brick can be composed of clay-bearing soil, sand, and lime, or concrete materials. The diversity of our Chelsea Glazed Brick Collection will appeal to anyone’s innate desire to express themselves personally. The 31 artisanal glazes are made in the USA as uniquely hand glazed bricks.
Ceramic tile is a fired clay product. They may be glazed or unglazed, depending on the desired design concept and particular usage. Glazed ceramic tiles and many unglazed ceramic tiles are generally moisture resistant and therefore are suited for floor and wall spaces such as general living areas, bathrooms, kitchens, and so forth. Ceramic tile is relatively easy to keep clean, as they can tolerate many different common household cleaning products. Typically, ceramic tile does not absorb fumes, odors, or smoke. Because color may be fired into a tile’s clay body (in the case of unglazed tiles) or onto a tile’s glazed surface (for glazed tiles), ceramic tile will not usually lose color or fade when exposed to UV rays in sunlit conditions. Although many tiles have little to no variation, color can vary from tile to tile to differing degrees. This is an inherent and desired characteristic of all fired clay products. Therefore, all tile should be unpacked and inspected prior to installation, as Marble Systems cannot accept claims for variation in any tile after installation.
- Unglazed ceramic tile is typically more porous and will potentially absorb liquids and stains. It needs to be sealed to protect the surface from liquids. Staining can be prevented to some extent by sealing with a quality chemical ceramic tile sealer and will need to be sealed periodically in order to continue to be free from stains.
- The grout placed in between ceramic tiles is susceptible to moisture, so it will need to be sealed to make it impervious to water. Otherwise, water can seep through the grout, which weakens the installation and encourages mold growth.
- Unglazed ceramic tiles have greater slip resistance than glazed tiles. Because they can be slippery, glossy tiles are not generally recommended for high traffic areas or for residential sites with children and elderly people.
- Ceramic tile is durable but may be subject to chipping in environments with aggressive use.
- Check the technical specifications assigned a particular tile product.