2-4 weeks lead time
1.06 lbs / pcs
I know the square foot area I want to tile. Calculate the number of tiles I need to order:
How can we help you? Please write to us.
- This item covers 0.25 sf area.
Complete your design with these products.
DETAILS* Usage recommendation must be confirmed by your installer and depends on application, installation methods and general suitability. Country Floors assumes no liability from any installation and usage recommendations.
Weight 1.06 lbs / pcs Types Wall Decos Style Classic Finish Leather Collection Status Special Order Ceramic Color Beige Area Bathroom, Kitchen, Living RoomCountryfloors is the leader in quality Soda Leather Filigree Ceramic Wall Decos 6x6 at the lowest price. We have the widest range of CERAMIC products, with coordinating deco, mosaic and tile forms.
The Status Collection is a beautiful glazed ceramic tile line made up of field tiles and sophisticated reliefs with matching trims for a flawless design.
With its stunning finishes, this line offers a variety of lovely glazes from vibrant greens to neutrals and even a beautiful rose pink. Status Collection is incredibly versatile and lends itself to both contemporary and traditional spaces.
What is Ceramic Tile made of?
Ceramic tile is made from clay, talc, kaolin and some other bonding materials. There are thousands of formulas and recipes for ceramic tiles. Each factory has its own formula and raw materials depending on the area where locally sourced materials are available. Each factory has its own recipe and years of trial and error.
Which is better porcelain or ceramic tile?
We get asked this question all the time. Porcelain tile is more durable and will wear and tear better. However, due to its low absorption rate, vibrant colors and designs are not available in porcelain tiles. Ceramic tiles, while limited in commercial tile applications, can be produced with thousands of lively vibrant colors. In addition, many unique designs and patterns can be easily applied on ceramic tiles. This makes the expression of art and individual design much easier on ceramic tiles.
What about Status Ceramic Tile collection
Status ceramic tile was found in Seattle Washinton almost 40 years ago. It took founders of this factory decades to develop their own ceramic tile formulas, also called recipes. Each clay color, fruits, and colors in glazed ceramic tiles react differently to various firing formulas in kilns and the way glazes are applied. When Status Ceramic Tile factory owners retired, Country Floors bought the factory and its decades worth of hand made ceramic tile tradition.
One other factor made this factory unique. Tradition of wet presses gave a lot of flexibility to make unique designs and shapes. Gifted craftsmen make these molds from chalk which requires tremendous talent and partisanship. These molds are hand-carved and last only so long. Every 400 or so presses they have to be remade. These tiles are hand-pressed and then dry at room temperature. They are then fired in small kilns. Finally, end product is glazed by hand and fired again.
Areas of residential tile applications
This premium ceramic tile line can be used as backsplash tile, bathroom tile, kitchen wall tile, subway tile, and many other floor and wall tile applications in residential uses. This collection has interesting shapes such as chevron tile, hexagon tile, an elongated hexagon, and a modified subway tile. All these unusual tile shapes and sizes give our designers many possible imaginations. Furthermore, these tiles can be mixed with various colors such as black and white tiles, and blue and white tiles. Many designers love all these endless color and shape configurations. You can use our ceramic tiles inside the shower walls. In some applications, you may even use them inside shower floors and light residential bathroom floors.
Commercial Tile Applications:
Status ceramic tiles can be used on all interior wall tile uses. For example, commercial kitchens, and working kitchens in the entertainment industry look for decorative ceramic tiles in many unique colors. The ability to make custom colors for your needs makes it widely desired by many architects. In addition, hotels and hospitality industry can use decorative ceramic tiles in common areas, Bathroom walls and multi-unit kitchens is also another area of use for these type of tiles. Finally, spa and gym areas in hotels would love to decorate all wet areas with our ceramic tiles.
Available sizes and shapes in ceramic tiles:
The most common size for the ceramic wall tile is 3x6. this is the traditional subway tile size and widely produced all over the World. New subway tile sizes have been. 3x9 and even. 4x12 tile for wall tiles. These tiles can be installed in a staggered joint or straight joint. Other sizes include chevron tile and elongated hexagon. These new shapes have design quality elements when they are combined with different colors. The traditional use of ceramic tile was just to cover a backsplash area or up to wainscotting area in a bathroom. However, with the addition of all these new sizes and shapes, many designers prefer to tile the entire area.
- All hard surface materials , except porcelain tiles , should be sealed with a colorless water based penetrating stone sealer ( Dupont Stonetech or equal) per manufactures specifaction..
- All natural stone has color variation. We recommend dry laying all the material for blending prior to installation ok.
- We recommend an application of a grout release or a pre application of water based penetrating sealer on porous materials before grouting – all applications must follow sealer manufactures recommendations
- All white marbles and limestones must be installed with premium white thin set or mortar, and non water based adhesive
- We recommend water proofing all “wet” areas prior to installation.
- We recommend crack isolation membranes below all new stone and tile floors.
- You should store all materials indoors and in a dry area.
- We recommend that you order 10 to 20% extra for waste, cuts and color selection.
- Please review current applicable project guidelines, Specifications and best practices published by the TCNA (Tile Council or North America) www.tcnatile.com & MIA ( Marble Institute of America) www.naturalstoneinstitute.org prior to commencement of any tile or stone project.
Ceramic tile is a fired clay product. They may be glazed or unglazed, depending on the desired design concept and particular usage. Glazed ceramic tiles and many unglazed ceramic tiles are generally moisture resistant and therefore are suited for floor and wall spaces such as general living areas, bathrooms, kitchens, and so forth. Ceramic tile is relatively easy to keep clean, as they can tolerate many different common household cleaning products. Typically, ceramic tile does not absorb fumes, odors, or smoke. Because color may be fired into a tile’s clay body (in the case of unglazed tiles) or onto a tile’s glazed surface (for glazed tiles), ceramic tile will not usually lose color or fade when exposed to UV rays in sunlit conditions. Although many tiles have little to no variation, color can vary from tile to tile to differing degrees. This is an inherent and desired characteristic of all fired clay products. Therefore, all tile should be unpacked and inspected prior to installation, as Country Floors cannot accept claims for variation in any tile after installation.
- Unglazed ceramic tile is typically more porous and will potentially absorb liquids and stains. It needs to be sealed to protect the surface from liquids. Staining can be prevented to some extent by sealing with a quality chemical ceramic tile sealer and will need to be sealed periodically in order to continue to be free from stains.
- The grout placed in between ceramic tiles is susceptible to moisture, so it will need to be sealed to make it impervious to water. Otherwise, water can seep through the grout, which weakens the installation and encourages mold growth.
- Unglazed ceramic tiles have greater slip resistance than glazed tiles. Because they can be slippery, glossy tiles are not generally recommended for high traffic areas or for residential sites with children and elderly people.
- Ceramic tile is durable but may be subject to chipping in environments with aggressive use.
- Check the technical specifications assigned a particular tile product.