Windmills Blue Glazed Ceramic Tiles
|Item Code||Size||Stock Status|
|WAM10040||5x5x3/8||10-12 weeks lead time|
- Comm. Interior Walls
- Res. Interior Walls
|Weight||3.74 lbs / pcs||Types||Tiles||Style||Classic|
|Finish||Glazed||Category||Ceramic||Collection||Royal Makkum Delft Tile|
Country Floors is proud to feature this prestigious, 400 year old Dutch company in their line-up of distinguished tile makers. The Royal Makkum Delft Tile Collection epitomizes the grand tradition of Delft blue tiles. Using traditional materials and techniques of tile making, these authentic hand painted designs in traditional blue and white and polychrome colors exemplify delftware ceramics. Choose from specific historic design categories; within each category select from 16 different designs. These handcrafted tiles are available in blue, sepia or polychrome painting, traditional “frost” or pure white backgrounds, with or without corner design detail and crackle or no crackle finishes. Solid field tiles in 5x5” and 4x4”, decorative Blanc (with corner detail) tiles in 5x5” and 4x4”, borders, murals and moldings are also available. This collection can be used in interior vertical installations; kitchen backsplashes, bathrooms, fireplace surrounds, feature walls, wainscot applications, wet bars and wine rooms.
Ceramic tile is a fired clay product. They may be glazed or unglazed, depending on the desired design concept and particular usage. Glazed ceramic tiles and many unglazed ceramic tiles are generally moisture resistant and therefore are suited for floor and wall spaces such as general living areas, bathrooms, kitchens, and so forth. Ceramic tile is relatively easy to keep clean, as they can tolerate many different common household cleaning products. Typically, ceramic tile does not absorb fumes, odors, or smoke. Because color may be fired into a tile’s clay body (in the case of unglazed tiles) or onto a tile’s glazed surface (for glazed tiles), ceramic tile will not usually lose color or fade when exposed to UV rays in sunlit conditions. Although many tiles have little to no variation, color can vary from tile to tile to differing degrees. This is an inherent and desired characteristic of all fired clay products. Therefore, all tile should be unpacked and inspected prior to installation, as Country Floors cannot accept claims for variation in any tile after installation.
- Unglazed ceramic tile is typically more porous and will potentially absorb liquids and stains. It needs to be sealed to protect the surface from liquids. Staining can be prevented to some extent by sealing with a quality chemical ceramic tile sealer and will need to be sealed periodically in order to continue to be free from stains.
- The grout placed in between ceramic tiles is susceptible to moisture, so it will need to be sealed to make it impervious to water. Otherwise, water can seep through the grout, which weakens the installation and encourages mold growth.
- Unglazed ceramic tiles have greater slip resistance than glazed tiles. Because they can be slippery, glossy tiles are not generally recommended for high traffic areas or for residential sites with children and elderly people.
- Ceramic tile is durable but may be subject to chipping in environments with aggressive use.
- Check the technical specifications assigned a particular tile product.