393 Full Border Glazed Ceramic Borders 5 1/2×5 1/2
|Item Code||Size||Stock Status||Retail Price|
|WLV10353||5 1/2x5 1/2x1/4||Please Call||Please Call|
Retail price is suggested by our authorized dealers. Please contact them for further information on trade and quantity discounts.
Weight 0.62 lbs / pcs Types Borders Usage Comm. Interior Walls, Res. Interior Walls Thickness 1/4 Style Classic Size 5 1/2×5 1/2 Finish Glazed Edge Category Ceramic Collection Miradouro Portuguese Tile Color Multicolor Area Bathroom, Kitchen, Living Room Frost Resistance
Country Floors is proud to feature the best of decorative Portuguese tile making with our Miradouro Portuguese Tile Collection. These original designs are actually crafted in Portugal. The influence of Arab and Moorish cultures on the tile making craft is illustrated in the interlocking curvilinear, geometric and floral motifs of the traditional blue and white and multi-colored patterns. Decorative 5 ½ x 5 ½” tiles, borders and feature murals are available in this collection. These handcrafted tiles can be used in indoor vertical installations; kitchen backsplash, bathrooms, showers, feature walls, wainscot applications, fireplace surround, wet bars and wine rooms. Use in vertical outdoor installations in temperate climates only. Appropriate for both residential and commercial projects. These hand painted tiles will show size and shade variations. The traditional white color is not a pure white, rather a softer easier shade.
Ceramic tile is a fired clay product. They may be glazed or unglazed, depending on the desired design concept and particular usage. Glazed ceramic tiles and many unglazed ceramic tiles are generally moisture resistant and therefore are suited for floor and wall spaces such as general living areas, bathrooms, kitchens, and so forth. Ceramic tile is relatively easy to keep clean, as they can tolerate many different common household cleaning products. Typically, ceramic tile does not absorb fumes, odors, or smoke. Because color may be fired into a tile’s clay body (in the case of unglazed tiles) or onto a tile’s glazed surface (for glazed tiles), ceramic tile will not usually lose color or fade when exposed to UV rays in sunlit conditions. Although many tiles have little to no variation, color can vary from tile to tile to differing degrees. This is an inherent and desired characteristic of all fired clay products. Therefore, all tile should be unpacked and inspected prior to installation, as Marble Systems cannot accept claims for variation in any tile after installation.
- Unglazed ceramic tile is typically more porous and will potentially absorb liquids and stains. It needs to be sealed to protect the surface from liquids. Staining can be prevented to some extent by sealing with a quality chemical ceramic tile sealer and will need to be sealed periodically in order to continue to be free from stains.
- The grout placed in between ceramic tiles is susceptible to moisture, so it will need to be sealed to make it impervious to water. Otherwise, water can seep through the grout, which weakens the installation and encourages mold growth.
- Unglazed ceramic tiles have greater slip resistance than glazed tiles. Because they can be slippery, glossy tiles are not generally recommended for high traffic areas or for residential sites with children and elderly people.
- Ceramic tile is durable but may be subject to chipping in environments with aggressive use.
- Check the technical specifications assigned a particular tile product.