The Terracotta “baked earth.” It has been used as a building material for centuries. Country Floors offers an excellent selection of terracotta products from Spain and Italy. Terracotta tile is a sort of clay and the earthenware or pottery terminated from it. It is a solid, strong material that is likewise normally impervious to form and microscopic organisms.
Hand made look, or traditional look is poured in wooden trays and baked under the sun for a long time. Some factories use kilns to fire them. Tooled is another term used to show a more hand made look. It is then waxed, or hand-rubbed with a variety of oil stains.
- The most typical size is 12x12 tiles.
- They come in square forms, rectangular shapes, and octagon.
- Terracotta tile from Spain and Italy.
- Easy to install, clean, and maintain
- Extremely durable and long-lasting
- Rustic tile with size, thickness, & Color variations, design variations, crazing (fine surface cracks), and other irregularities due to its handmade nature. No two tiles are the same
Areas of use:
A lot of resorts use it in all exterior areas, such as walkways, sunrooms, and interiors. It is easy to install and maintain. Most of the terracotta tiles use water and wastewater pipes, roofing tiles, bricks, and surface embellishment in building construction.
Cement mortar bed is the most recommended installation. The Installation process is:
- Create a Squared Center Point
- Begin Placing the Tile
- Level the Tiles
- Continue Laying Tile
- Apply Presealer and Grout
- Apply Sealer
We do not sell Terracotta tile in a single piece. The color of a real tile may differ from the appearance on an electronic screen. You can send us a sample before placing a whole box order. Cleaning and maintenance tips: clean with a mild cleanser and damp cloth. Do not use corrosive cleaners. Some glazes are acid-sensitive. Do not use cleaner with an acid-based since these may cause discoloring. Tiles may be sealed with a penetrating sealer. You can test any sealer on a small area first before the full application of the sealer.