3.52 lbs / sqft
- This item covers 0.24 sf area.
- Availability is subject to prior sale.
DETAILS* Usage recommendation must be confirmed by your installer and depends on application, installation methods and general suitability. Country Floors assumes no liability from any installation and usage recommendations.
Weight 3.52 lbs / sqft Types Tiles Style Modern Finish Glossy Collection Seaside Ceramic Color Gray, Pink Area Bathroom, Kitchen, Living Room
PRODUCT INFORMATIONDesigned by Sue Firestone Sun, surf and sand inspire the new Seaside Collection of decorative wall tile by renowned interior designer Sue Firestone exclusively for Country Floors.The irresistible tidal pull of California style, for which Ms. Firestone’s interiors firm is renowned, imbues these decorative ceramic tiles. Channeling a mix of sizzling 60s mod style and summer-of-love boho inspirations, the award-winning designer has translated her love of coastal living into designs with a fresh and distinctive 21st century vibe. Colors encompass a mix of sand, sea, sky and coral-tinged sunsets.Organic in spirit and beachy in the best way, this thoughtfully edited capsule collection centers on familiar themes in a new way. The conceptual ovals of Surf’s Up are an homage to both the surf life and the spirit of mid-century patterning.What starts out as a whimsical double entendre of quotidian fishing supply and glam fashion statement in Fishnet Galore becomes a sophisticated abstract all-over pattern on a wall. Nautilus Cluster borrows the ageless spiral from the storied creature and uses it to great effect, while the overlapping channeled fan shapes in Layered Coral conjure a reef of dreams.Suitable for vertical applications in residential and commercial projects, The Seaside Collection marks the second in an exclusive new series of Country Floors tiles in collaboration with top thought leaders in design.
Ceramic tile is a fired clay product. They may be glazed or unglazed, depending on the desired design concept and particular usage. Glazed ceramic tiles and many unglazed ceramic tiles are generally moisture resistant and therefore are suited for floor and wall spaces such as general living areas, bathrooms, kitchens, and so forth. Ceramic tile is relatively easy to keep clean, as they can tolerate many different common household cleaning products. Typically, ceramic tile does not absorb fumes, odors, or smoke. Because color may be fired into a tile’s clay body (in the case of unglazed tiles) or onto a tile’s glazed surface (for glazed tiles), ceramic tile will not usually lose color or fade when exposed to UV rays in sunlit conditions. Although many tiles have little to no variation, color can vary from tile to tile to differing degrees. This is an inherent and desired characteristic of all fired clay products. Therefore, all tile should be unpacked and inspected prior to installation, as Country Floors cannot accept claims for variation in any tile after installation.
- Unglazed ceramic tile is typically more porous and will potentially absorb liquids and stains. It needs to be sealed to protect the surface from liquids. Staining can be prevented to some extent by sealing with a quality chemical ceramic tile sealer and will need to be sealed periodically in order to continue to be free from stains.
- The grout placed in between ceramic tiles is susceptible to moisture, so it will need to be sealed to make it impervious to water. Otherwise, water can seep through the grout, which weakens the installation and encourages mold growth.
- Unglazed ceramic tiles have greater slip resistance than glazed tiles. Because they can be slippery, glossy tiles are not generally recommended for high traffic areas or for residential sites with children and elderly people.
- Ceramic tile is durable but may be subject to chipping in environments with aggressive use.
- Check the technical specifications assigned a particular tile product.