4-6 weeks lead time
3.30 lbs / pcs
How can we help you? Please write to us.
|East Coast||(212) 627 8300|
|West Coast||(310) 657 0510|
How can we help you? Please write to us.
DETAILS* Usage recommendation must be confirmed by your installer and depends on application, installation methods and general suitability. Country Floors assumes no liability from any installation and usage recommendations.
Weight 3.30 lbs / pcs Types Tiles Style Classic Finish Glazed Collection Olde English Tile Color Custom Area Bathroom, Kitchen, Living Room
Renovating your home is easier than ever with Wessex Glazed Ceramic Tiles. From bathrooms to kitchens, you can make any location look perfect. You can install ceramic tiles anywhere in your house, be it the interiors or exteriors. They are perfect for kitchens and bathrooms because they provide a durable surface that is easy to clean. But don't forget about foyers, mudrooms, living rooms and bedrooms! Ceramic tiles will make those spaces look even more beautiful without breaking your bank account's budget These tiles are not just durable, but also dust resistant. The surface is so hard that it makes the cleaning process easier because you can wipe off any remaining dirt with a mop or cloth easily and quickly! This means less breathing problems for those who spend their days on these floors - reducing asthma attacks significantly. Glazed is the best way to make your ceramic and porcelain tiles last longer. By applying a glossy coat, you're increasing water-resistance - meaning less time scrubbing away dirt or spills! The Custom Ceramic is an elegant choice for any space. It will accentuate the beauty of your tiles while adding character to your design scheme..
For a modern and stylish look, there are many options from floor to wall tiles with matching mosaics that give your home the perfect finishing touch. The size of this product 6x6x3/8. You can use the site search to find a different size of this product - we've got it all!
The Olde English Tile Collection features the decorative tile making technique of encaustic or inlaid ceramic tiles.
During the Middle Ages, this technique was used to decorate public buildings and churches throughout Europe, but especially in England. A variety of designs depicting this era are illustrated in this collection. Notice the geometric, heraldic, Fleur-di-lis, cross, and acanthus leaf motifs. Traditional borders and moldings are also available to complete the collection.
Encaustic tiles are high-fired ceramic clay tiles. The design is pressed or stamped into firm clay and then the indentations are filled with a contrasting color of clay(s). The design can be made in as few as 2-colors or as many as 6-colors. Customize your design, choosing from 4 colors of clay bodies and 23 colors of inlay (overlay) colors. Each design will be a product of your own creativity.
After the tiles have been fired and cooled, a finish is applied to the surface. This stain is used to enhance the “antique” appearance of the tiles. Olde English tiles are extremely durable and are suitable for indoor and outdoor wall and floor installations; kitchens, bathrooms, showers, fireplace surrounds, wet bars, wine cellars, stair risers, feature walls, entry foyer, patio floors. Caution: Use in pool surrounds and fountains in temperate climates only. These tiles are suitable for both residential and commercial projects
- We recommend water proofing all “wet” areas prior to installation.
- We recommend crack isolation membranes below all new stone and tile floors.
- You should store all materials indoors and in a dry area.
- We recommend that you order 10 to 20% extra for waste, cuts and color selection.
Ceramic tile is a fired clay product. They may be glazed or unglazed, depending on the desired design concept and particular usage. Glazed ceramic tiles and many unglazed ceramic tiles are generally moisture resistant and therefore are suited for floor and wall spaces such as general living areas, bathrooms, kitchens, and so forth. Ceramic tile is relatively easy to keep clean, as they can tolerate many different common household cleaning products. Typically, ceramic tile does not absorb fumes, odors, or smoke. Because color may be fired into a tile’s clay body (in the case of unglazed tiles) or onto a tile’s glazed surface (for glazed tiles), ceramic tile will not usually lose color or fade when exposed to UV rays in sunlit conditions. Although many tiles have little to no variation, color can vary from tile to tile to differing degrees. This is an inherent and desired characteristic of all fired clay products. Therefore, all tile should be unpacked and inspected prior to installation, as Country Floors cannot accept claims for variation in any tile after installation.
- Unglazed ceramic tile is typically more porous and will potentially absorb liquids and stains. It needs to be sealed to protect the surface from liquids. Staining can be prevented to some extent by sealing with a quality chemical ceramic tile sealer and will need to be sealed periodically in order to continue to be free from stains.
- The grout placed in between ceramic tiles is susceptible to moisture, so it will need to be sealed to make it impervious to water. Otherwise, water can seep through the grout, which weakens the installation and encourages mold growth.
- Unglazed ceramic tiles have greater slip resistance than glazed tiles. Because they can be slippery, glossy tiles are not generally recommended for high traffic areas or for residential sites with children and elderly people.
- Ceramic tile is durable but may be subject to chipping in environments with aggressive use.
- Check the technical specifications assigned a particular tile product.